Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Eggplant






Sorting through the crisper of our refrigerator one weekend, I found some eggplant at the bottom of the compartment. Immediately, tortang talong came into my mind. And so, I placed a grill on top of the stove and have the eggplant roast over the fire.



Then suddenly, I remember Giada's Eggplant Parmesan recipe and decided to do a version of it--without parmesan though. I also found some leftover spaghetti sauce in the fridge.


What I made was like a lasagna but instead of using pasta sheets, I used "sheets" of grilled eggplant. I cut the eggplants lenghtwise, salted them until all moisture came out, rinsed them and patted them dry before grilling.






Then I assembled the lasagna in a baking dish. First layer was spaghetti sauce then cream made of roux and milk then eggplant slices. Repeat the sequence and top with cheese.



I baked it at 375C for about 30 minutes. Then I served it with some machakaw. Sarap!






No comments:

Post a Comment