Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Steamed Mackerel in Tomato-Lemongrass Sauce


Actually, I don't know if it's really a Mackerel. I know it's not but looks like one so I just called it Mackerel. It's a long, about more than a foot, silvery and finely scaled fish with elongated head. The meat is white but not flaky like tuna. The meat is more like that of a catfish.


As usual, what I cook greatly depends on what I have in the fridge and pantry. I saw some fern, ginger, lemongrass and chilis so I decided to mortar-and-pestle them, added some tomato paste and used the mixture to be the flavoring for my steamed fish.


I laid the fish on a bed of fern and topped it with the mixture and add a little butter. Then I wrapped it in aluminum foil. I was able to make 4 wraps out of the 800grammer fish.

After steaming, I unwrapped it and put the fish in a platter. Dinner is served!













No comments:

Post a Comment